Hiring for Personality – The Whitepaper
Almost 9 in 10 hiring managers feel that video can improve the interview process
I’m absolutely delighted to bring you the findings of our first whitepaper which looks at how video interviews can help organisations make better hiring decisions while enabling candidates to reveal their true personalities.
Challenges facing organisations
The top benefits of using video interviewing
Time for change?
What the findings reinforced is that recruitment takes a lot of time. Over 4 in 10 (42%) hiring managers said that they see between 6-10 professionals at first interview stage, with a quarter having to arrange and schedule interviews for up to 15 candidates. While the actual interview time may vary, there’s still a considerable amount of work involved. Research from an international recruitment firm found that by using video, interview to hire times fell from 8.5 to 2.5 days – that’s a 70% drop!
Employers are also realising that you must look beyond education and experience. While the latter is of course extremely important, what matters even more is the person’s motivation to succeed combined with their personality and ‘soft skills’, such as communication and empathy. Say you had to pick between two evenly matched candidates – one with slightly more experience versus the person with more enthusiasm and a stronger team ethic. I know who I’d choose.
Showcasing your skills
More than half of candidates (54%) would relish the opportunity to ‘sell’ their personality and demonstrate their character on video. Being able to do the videos on their smartphone at any time and place (53%) was also deemed important as was the time saving aspect of not having to attend an interview (43%).
These are just some of the key findings from our report. To view all of the results in full download your free copy today.
Finally, if there are any aspects of the findings that you’d like to discuss or want to learn more about Fidio, contact me on 020 3418 8085 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Andrew Mace, Product Manager, Fidio
Please enter your details below to retrieve download.
- Taxi, takeaway…talent?September 19, 2018I recently read that there are more people who own a mobile phone than a toothbrush! Mobile (Read More)
- The Top Six Recruitment Innovation TrendsAugust 7, 2018Following on from my last blog post, in which I discussed how the human brain is wired to process (Read More)
- Hiring for Personality – The WhitepaperAugust 7, 2018Almost 9 in 10 hiring managers feel that video can improve the interview process I’m absolutely (Read More)
- The Power of the Human BrainAugust 1, 2018Let’s just stop to think about this mind-boggling number for a minute. It makes you realise just (Read More)
- Videos Don’t Discriminate, People DoJuly 17, 2018Video Interviewing and Screening – Discrimination I get asked in almost every meeting I attend (Read More)